How to write a proposal paper for a research paper assignment
A research paper proposal is an assignment that students complete to provide insight on research they would like to conduct. You will state what you want to research and how you will get it done. The research may be of scientific or academic nature. You will outline procedures necessary to complete the work based on the subject matter. In doing so you need to be able to clearly state what you will do and how it will get done accurately. The following points provide further insight on how to write a good research paper proposal.
- 1. Read guidelines carefully before selecting your topic. Your proposal is something that sets you up for research you want to complete. Your guidelines may vary since you will provide insight on what you want to do with your idea. Read them thoroughly before proceeding and make a plan to help you complete your project accordingly.
- 2. Review sample proposals to understand the format. Samples can help you get ideas on how to structure and organize your own content. You can review samples you come across with your instructor to ensure you are on the right track.
- 3. Define an approach to helping you choose a good topic. Your approach may include brainstorming and conducting light research. You want to select a topic of interest you feel you will be approved to research fully later on.
- 4. Make a list of sources to use and hold on to it. Have a list of sources early in advance to help you get started when you are ready to conduct additional research for the project. You will also need this list to create your reference page.
- 5. Develop your thesis and approach to supporting it. This is your main idea behind your work. What details will be necessary to support the claim you are making?
- 6. Make an outline to follow. This includes all sections your research paper needs to have and talking points related to supporting evidence.
- 7. Start writing your paper. Define the purpose for your proposal, provide informative content for your literary review, and define your hypothesis and research questions. Methods and procedures will also be included along with references.
- 8. Be sure to follow proper formatting style with MLA or APA style. You can study sample research papers for further reference.
- 9. Revise content. Make changes as needed to sentences and paragraphs to clarify ideas and concepts.
- 10. Edit and proofread to polish material.
Copyright (c) 2015 MainFrameStudio.net. All rights reserved. | Get top notch term paper writing help from professional academic writers and editors.